August 8, 2011

The FAQ!

(I forever equate FAQs to video games. Just sayin'.)

Hello there! I wanted to take a moment to answer some basic questions about me and my cosmetics routines. If there's something about me that you're still curious on, post a comment and we'll see what happens! As always, thanks for reading, and happy beautying!

1) Where is Jill from? I was born and raised in the wilds of Polk County, Georgia, USA. My wonderful parents (who are still together!) made a lovely home for us for all of my life (until I got married in 2008) in the same house, deep in the US South. The nearest city to where I live is Rome, GA. With an approximate population of 35,000, Rome is a rather small town and very typically Southern. I am very proud of my Southern heritage and the ways of the South! Sweet tea, hospitality, gentility and this.

2) What do you do now that you're a grown-up? Me? Grow up? Never! However, my career for the last seven years has been in social work. From child protective services, to hospice, to mental health, by day I am out there trying to help the people. I have a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, Anthropology and Government from Berry College.

3) Who else is important here? Well, there's Mr. Jill. My wonderful husband is Todd, and he is a very loving & patient soul who tolerates my beauty addiction with poise and love. He tells me how beautiful I am every day, no matter whether I'm decked out in my best make-up, or just crawled outta bed with ratty hair and sleepy in my eyes. My main assistant is Karma, a small beige cat who is always eager to help Mommy. Todd's main assistant is Neema, 18lbs of black cat love. Our outside associates are Beckett and Dante, two very happy dogs.









4) What is your skintone? For MAC, I'm NW15 or NW10 (I wish it were more available). I'm currently using L'oreal True Match liquid foundation in W1 Porcelain. I have cooler tones in my skin, but W1 is their lightest possible shade, which I have to use. I usually seal my foundation using Physicians Formula Green and White pressed powder.

5) What are some of your favorite products? Tokidoki highlighter Luminosa powder in Kabuki, Mary Kay Oil Mattifyer, Mary Kay's Eye Primer, Urban Decay lipstick in Requiem, Rock & Republic lipgloss in Cougar, Urban Decay eyeshadow in X and NARS blush in Deep Throat (just to name a few).

6) What else do you do, besides make-up? I'm an avid video gamer, have been since age 8. Anything from Final Fantasy to Halo to Gears of War, I adore video games! I have a CD collection of over 700, so it's easy to say I'm really into music. When I'm not doing one of these things, I'm probably cooking!

Hopefully that gives you a little insight into the author and her life!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember to be a respectful, nice person on this little patch of the Internet. Comments are moderated.